Instructions to the Carriers of the Carbon Tax Referendum Petition.
- DO NOT DUPLICATE the pages of the petition. The pages of the petition document are labeled with a serial number at the top right of the page. The serial number will be recorded, and signatures counted when they are received by the team. Request additional pages by sending an email to email@example.com.
- PLEASE RETURN the completely filled out petition forms, ensuring every signature is initialed, to the following address:Todd Beasley
Petition Carriers, please confirm the following when taking a signature:
- The signor must present a valid form of government issued identification (i.e. drivers license, passport, or residents card) at the time of signing.
- The Signor, and the Petition Carrier MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- The Signor MUST BE A RESIDENT of ALBERTA.
- The Signor HAS NOT SIGNED THE PETITION BEFORE.
- The Signor MUST PROVIDE A MAILING ADDRESS. If the mailing address is different from the physical address (i.e. someone who resides in a rural location), then both the Legal Land Description and Post Office Box are required.
- The Signor MUST PROVIDE a phone number, and email address (if available).
- The signors name must be clear and legible.
- The signature must be in INK.
The petition documents themselves will be reviewed, signatures counted, and results announced as they are received. Signatures that don’t follow the above rules will not be counted.
To sign, or carry the petition in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizing teams of